Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Big Picture

Do you ever find it hard to step back and look at the "big picture" while the chaos and drama develops around you?  Today I am having a hard time doing this as I selfishly take some time to write down these words because I can't look at the big picture.  I know how demanding my kiddos are when they are awake, so I make sure I wake up extra early (5 a.m.) to work out so that I can do one mommy thing for myself in the day.  However, both my children had a different plan for my work out time, as Ayden awoke at 5 and Audrey at 5:45.  I still chose to get on the treadmill, but my hour walk turned into maybe 30, as I had to get off the treadmill to rescue trains from the big mean cat, break up multiple fights over light switches, and to put in multiple tapes for the kids to listen to books.  I finally gave up and decided breakfast was our next option.

Of course breakfast leads into the most challenging activity of the morning because Ayden has to eat whatever Audrey is having, and well she did not like that he wanted to be like her.  Meltdown number 2 was complete by 6:45 a.m.!  We all finally ate our cereal, fruit, and yogurt, and moved onto reading the $0.59 books from yesterday's Goodwill purchase.  Best money spent in my eyes as I have a few moments to write and drink the great cup of heaven created by my Keurig.

Here is the deal though:  It is calm right now, but I know very well that in fifteen minutes the next crisis will occur and I will have to run and referee the next altercation because that is my job.  My stay at home, remind myself that I love my children, job!  Yes I am in one of those ruts where my kids are under my skin, I feel like I am a giant ball of crabbiness, and I just want to pee alone!  This past week I truly feel like I am the only mom out there that is using every last ounce of energy in my soul to just seem like I am holding it together.  Screw all you got it together moms!  Actually I take that statement back, us moms need to stick together, would you please share some of your wisdom and sanity?

I will get out of this funk soon, and I will stand back and look at the big picture.  I will even laugh at my irrational behavior because I am truly pouting like a toddler.   No wonder my kids act this way!  However until then, you are more than welcome to join me in venting about the little picture so you don't feel like you are the only mom out there who doesn't have it together.

Is there anyone out there?  Please say yes or it may send me over the edge:)

No comments:

Post a Comment