Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Finding Balance

I have been struggling to find a few minutes to sit and write a post for my blog, and I have evidently failed immensely as I don't think I have shared a post in two weeks.  Seriously I am not sure what is going on.  It is not as if I have taken on more responsibilities.

Currently I am typing during Ayden's nap time, and Audrey is bringing me book after book to read.  I am literally typing a sentence and reading a book, typing a sentence and reading another book.  It feels that lately my children are struggling to keep themselves entertained with playing without me right by their side.  Now I totally love playing with my kids, but I also need to make meals and use the bathroom.  It is almost a guarantee that my children will have a knock down, drag out argument when I just want to pee.

I am exhausted by the end of the day with the kiddos.  I feel I never get that little bit of rest time as I am constantly entertaining and refereeing.  Now I know I am no different than any other mom out there, but it just feels like these last two weeks have been tough and trying.  Honestly by the time it is bed time for the kids, the last thing I want to do is clean or type.  The cleaning of the house has definitely taken been neglected.  I have made sure things are clean, but the clutter is just everywhere.

Speaking of cleaning, I had to put in a movie just to sweep and mop the floor yesterday.  Yet, I question why I even did do that chore.  It is that time of year and the cat is shedding all her hair all over and there was an accident with a few raspberries this morning.

Now I have come to the conclusion that things just have to give.  The kids take priority over all the other things, the cleaning, the blogging, and the me time, however I think their demanding of my attention comes in waves and in a week or two they may no longer need me as much.  I really should embrace the fact that they want to be with me and that they want me to sit next to them because I know as they get older I won't be wanted as much as I am now.  However, it is absolutely exhausting!

So here is to all the moms trying to keep their cool and finding the balance that allows them to feel sane.   It is okay to have that clutter or mess, kids will only be little for so long.  However when you suffer from OCD issues like myself, letting the clutter be is tough and I become the overly tired woman because I am completing cleaning chores after bed time when I am already exhausted.  Here is to hoping I can let go and finding balance in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment