Thursday, September 4, 2014

3 AM Shenanigans

Seriously Ayden will be the death of me.  My favorite thing is sleep, and seriously if I do not get 8 hours of sleep I am not a nice person, unless I pump myself full of caffeine and even then that is a recipe for disaster.

This shenanigan story begins at 3 am, yes 3 am my friends.  It was at 3 am and I heard the light switch in my son's room click on and the obnoxious garbage truck toy turn on.  Of course I get up and look at the monitor to see yes indeed my son is awake, and yes it is 3 am.  Tyler at one point rolls over and asks if Ayden is awake, but that was the extent of his involvement of the early morning ordeal.  I find enough energy to get a blanket and pillow and decide the only way for him to go back to bed is to lay in his room with him.

I find him in his room using a bulb syringe trying to extract his own boogers.  Really Ayden?  Where in the hell did you find the bulb syringe and you seriously hate that thing so why that object to play with at 3 am?  So after putting up the bulb syringe and changing his diaper I guide him to his bed.  We turn off the lights and then I realize he is ready to party.

I am literally barricading him in his bed with my leg, and he is trying to escape from his bed.  He is throwing his stuffed animals on me as if they are bombs and there are noises that go along with this activity.  He finally gave up because I think the scary, Mommy voice came out and I told him he better go to bed.  We both laid there, I could hear him sigh every so often as if laying in his bed was torture and of course I am sure he heard me wincing as I adjusted myself on the hard floor.

We eventually fell asleep because as I awoke it was 7 am and I could hear Audrey and Tyler downstairs.  I took advantage of quiet time and attempted to get ready for the day.  Ayden must have awoken once the shower was turned on because when Tyler found him in his room he was right back at using that darn bulb syringe.  I hope that he still has a love for that thing when he has a cold!

The day progressed as normal, and he has continued to follow suit with not napping.  By 4 pm he becomes a hot mess.  Screaming, crying, and attacking us all.  He gets to bed early, but fights it 100%.  However I was smart and hid those loud toys and the bulb syringe is put up for safe keeping.  We shall see if the early bed time means he will simply awake me at 2 am.  If he does, I recommend staying very far away from me.

This too shall pass they say and I will look back and miss my TIME with my kiddos.  I will look back and miss my time with my babies, this much I can agree with.  However this particular shenanigan I will not miss or laugh at, but rather learn from and hope this was just a one time thing.  One can be hopeful, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment