Monday, September 15, 2014

I take my kids out in public to behave!

Oh you read that title right, I take my kids out in public so that they will behave.  It is a new trend in the Evans' household and it is getting a little old.  I love getting out to things like the zoo, museum, forest, playground, however I do like a few days to just stay home and my kids used to like down days as well.

Recently I have noticed that unless I am engaging my children all the time in doing an activity or an art project they are finding ways to annoy the crap out of each other.  Now I know this is normal, but sometimes after doing the Frozen puzzle or playing the princess games for the tenth time of the day my eye begins to twitch, I walk away, the kids then take the opportunity to annoy each other, and we are off on an adventure.

It is amazing how well behaved the kids seem to be when they go out and about on these adventures. It may be because they have seen enough crazy for the day and they don't want to unleash that beast again, or it may be because they were just bored at home.  Or it could be that they just wanted to get out of the house, they played me for a fool and have me wrapped around their little finger and they knew they could break me and the end result has been going to fun places, so why not act like raging lunatics at home?  More than likely it is the last of the three, however it is the only thing that is keeping the sanity in the house right now, so let it be.

Watch now that I just blogged about this, my kids will not only act like maniacs at home, but they will want to keep it consistent for Momma and they will start acting the part out in public as well.  However, I wouldn't mind a few days at home...so....wait who am I kidding?   If my kids will act normal somewhere I cannot let this one slip away from me!

So yes, I will be that crazy mom, running my kids around to activities and preschool to save all of our sanity and life will be good.  I may be a little tired, but at least we are all getting along.

No comments:

Post a Comment