Friday, September 12, 2014

Plan...what plan?

Ahh...you know how things sound great in your head and then when they actually become reality you begin to think that maybe it wasn't such a great idea?

I am starting to feel that way with afternoon preschool for Audrey.  Don't get me wrong the thought of taking her to preschool at 11:45, having my son fall asleep in the car, I transfer him to his bed, I get a ton of stuff done around the house until about 2:15, transfer little man back into the car, and pick up Audrey by 2:45, all seemed great, but then reality set in.  The only things that have gone as planned listed above is our drop off and pick up time for preschool.  Ayden has boycotted naps and even though I am down to one kid in the afternoon, the noise level feels like it has increased to having three kids when there is only one present.

Now I thought we could do a bunch of activities in the morning as well and then go to school from there.  I didn't take into consideration that I would have to pack a lunch to have the kids wolf down before we ventured to preschool. This whole event is like herding cats, and like I said, everything seemed ideal and perfect in my head and then reality set in.

We have only gone to school for about a week and a half, so I really still need to give it time, but it kind of put things into perspective for me that nothing really goes as planned.  I mean added bonus when it does, but after being around for thirty some odd years you would think I would catch on to the fact that most plans get thrown out the window and you have to resort to Plan B, C, D, etc, especially when it comes to dealing with kiddos.  :)

Therefore, I will continue to plan things out in my head, as my type A personality allows me to do, but I really need to get over this disappointment when the plan doesn't work because really at least something is working right?  I mean even though the afternoon is not working out according to my ideal plan, Ayden gets extra time with me and this now means I can volunteer in the classroom!  There always has to be a silver lining, I just have to get better at finding it.


No comments:

Post a Comment