Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Something in the Air

There has been something in the air and my kids have gone crazy.

I know there have been theories with the full moon and pressure changes, and let me tell you...I believe these theories.  This week we have struggled with random wake up times, growling, screaming, crying, and hitting.  I am sure there has been more that has occurred, but today is only Tuesday and I am on day two of a 3 am wake up call.  Two words can be said about all this, tired momma!

Now don't get me wrong, my kids go crazy at least once a weekend on a regular basis, but it seems like when we have a full moon, the behavior is set askew and we act like raging maniac and unfortunately I can add myself to the category of "we".  Sigh....

What gets me right now is the arguing.  Yes I know siblings will argue and continue to argue for the rest of their lives, however the arguments are insane.  One minute they are so angry with each other, they come to tell Tyler and I about it, and then somehow in the mix of them telling us about the problem they get mad at us and they are best friends.  How all this becomes our fault as parents, and result in Ayden growling at us is beyond my understanding, but it happens.

I find myself just walking away from situations because I can feel myself being sucked into the drama the moment I ask if I can help.  It's like my children are setting a trap for me to be at fault for them not being able to share a squirt bottle.  And honestly it works every time, unless I walk away.  Some times I feel guilty for walking away, but I am finding this is the only way for me to save my sanity.  I can only help the kid so much before they need to learn on their own, right?

Don't worry I definitely assist when there is a knock down, drag out fight, but for the most part the drama is very silly and it drives me nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment