Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Alone Time

Well I have come to the conclusion that I really do like my alone time.  I mean who doesn't just need that little bit of time where no one needs you and there needs to be nothing done?  As a mom, I feel like I never have that time, and I am not a very nice person if I do not get some alone time.  The hardest part though is trying to find that alone time without having to rush the kids and husband out the door.  My conclusion is that I function better as a mom and a person if I can just get that half hour of drinking coffee and taking it all in by myself.  However that means I need to be waking up about an hour before the kiddos.

On Monday I got up at 4:30 because I was awoken by Ayden who needed to use the bathroom, and I figured I would run on the treadmill and catch up on some tv.  I actually should have just gone to the gym for a class, but I figured if I was working out at home it would be just as good.  I stayed on the treadmill for about 50 minutes and then showered without having to worry about a crisis that would occur.  It was fabulous.  I then decided I would enjoy a cup of coffee on the deck.  This morning just started out great and you know what?  I was actually able to be a better mom for the kids.  I wasn't all high strung and flying off the handle like I normally am.  I think I had a few crazy mom moments, but I think it had to do with Ayden acting like a chicken and Audrey having melt downs because she wasn't getting her way.

Now I have to make that commitment for myself to wake up by 6 am to enjoy my special quiet time.  I really think that if I make this commitment that life may be a little easier in the Evans' household.  Now don't get me wrong...we are going to have our days, but I think I need to start being selfish and find time for me.  I mean honestly it shouldn't be seen as selfish, but rather an investment in myself so that I can be the better mom and wife.

Today is Wednesday, and I wasn't able to get that quiet time and with the rainy day that is surrounding us I can already tell how my special quiet time could have benefited us all today.  But tomorrow is a new day, so lets hope that I can get in that quiet time and then we will have a fabulous Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment