Monday, June 1, 2015

Getting Back on Track

Okay so I have heard from a few of you with concern because I haven't blogged.  Now this comes with a double edge sword my friends because I first initially think yeah people do read what I write, and then I think oh man I better keep up with my end of the deal and write for people to read.  The struggles here are real:)

I really feel that I have not been able to get a hold on things.  I feel I get control and maybe a routine going with one thing and then I lose control of another.  Ever feel that way?  I know I cannot do it all, but darn it I am going to try my best to do it and in the process probably burn myself out unfortunately.

With Audrey out of school, I really have focused on trying to keep a schedule and plan different activities for the week.  We did pretty good with following our schedule last week, but then I fell behind on doing a daily chore and like a crazy women tried to catch up on cleaning this weekend.  I had some success, but my whole main level is a hot mess.  So if you come over in the next day or so, I apologize now.  I am not sure how a small cat can shed giant tuffs of hair or kinetic sand can be all over my floor when it is stored in a rubber maid container that hasn't been opened in days, but you'll find that stuff on my floor, along with random food that my son will pick up and eat when he feels at liberty to do so.  This all on my floor even after I swept once already this weekend.  

Then this whole blogging thing.  I purposely built quiet time in our daily routine so that I could blog, but for some reason we haven't gotten to quiet time.  Or if we do, it is when I am folding the laundry that seems to multiply when I am not looking.  After we do the great fiasco of putting the kids to bed, the last thing I want to do is sit in front of the computer and type about the daily shenanigans because well those shenanigans kicked my butt and I just need a glass of wine and a good book.  So there you have it, I haven't blogged because I am lazy and tired.

This week though, I plan on blogging and sticking to my daily activity routine for the kids.  We will see if I can balance both and maybe throw in some chores too.

No comments:

Post a Comment