Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Calm and Quiet? Not for long....

This morning I am actually typing up a post with a cup of coffee, in a quiet house, after a good 40 minute jaunt on the treadmill.  I am trying to give myself props for all this because I know in about a half hour everything will change as the kids wake up and we do the mad rush to swim lessons.  When we are having our ultimate meltdowns and the chaos is happening around me, I need to remember this moment that I am enjoying right now...make it my happy place!  Is that sad that I have to reflect upon my quiet, alone time as my happy place while my children are awake creating chaos?  I sure do hope there are other mommas out there that feels this way because I am beginning to worry.

I think my major issue right now is that I feel that I have so much to do in such little time.  I probably should get over that because we all have things to do and places to be, but we can't do it all.  For those of you who can, BRAVO, I commend you on your hard work and dedication.  I too used to be that way, but then I became a stay at home mom and well my perspective and motivation changed.  It has taken me about 2 years to have those perspectives change, but they have.  I mean I still fight with the crazy moments of having a destroyed house drive me batty, but I also have come to the conclusion that after the kids are in bed going downstairs to mop the floor is not as much as a priority as me grabbing a book and passing out.  Funny how staying with little humans can do that to you!

Over the past month or so I have realized that I really should celebrate the little things because in all reality those little things become big things when it comes to accomplishments.  I am not going to get all philosophical or anything, but I do have to try to remember this and put this into perspective.   So there you have it, I am a calm and collective woman right now, but give me a half hour and I am sure I will belong to the hot mess club as I try and get kids to and from places and work through the to-do list.  However I think I need to remember I won't be alone.  There will be other folks out there running around like a chicken with their heads cut off, and the motivation that gets me through all this is that there is always a glass of wine waiting for me as therapy!

Have a fabulous day friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment