Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Fur Babies

Okay if you don't know me personally, I have three cats.  One we have had since Ayden was born, and then two summers ago we (and by we I mean the kids and I) got two kittens that were sisters.  Adding two more cats has created a ton of chaos to our lives.  There is so much more food and scooping of the litter and keeping tabs on their location than I ever want to admit, but I truly do love each one of them as well as my kids.  The hubby has a love/hate relationship with the cats, but he is in it for the long haul.

This morning was quite the interesting day with these felines as they were all feisty when I came downstairs at 5:15 to have a quick pre workout meal.  I made sure they had food and water and just went about my business.  I could hear a lot of running on the main level while I did my workout, but it wasn't until Audrey came down to the basement with only a few minutes left in my workout did she announce that our brown cat, Brown Sugar, had done something naughty.  Now the workout was hard and I may or may not have been trying to just get through the last few minutes and told Audrey no talking until I was done.  The fact that she patiently waited until I finished to tell me the news, I knew that it was going to be pretty outlandish on what this cat did.  See this cat in particular is very anxious, I mean to the point where I do believe she needs to be on kitty Prozac because our older cat bullies her.  She retaliates by peeing on my bath mats.  I have learned to put mats up high so this problem has stopped, but she has found a new way to get back at me for having the older cat in the house.  Because after I finished my workout, Audrey informed me that Brown Sugar had peed in the bathtub.  I mean I guess peeing in the tub is better than the carpet or a bath mat, but seriously use the litter boxes that we own.

We carried on our morning and I got the kids to school, and that is when I noticed the cats were just in a weird mood.  Like doing things they typically don't do.  I am not sure if there is some sort of pressure change or moon thing going on, but they are reacting to something and being naughty.  I went to make a protein shake for breakfast after getting ready this morning and our calico cat decided she wanted to investigate what was in the fridge...no thank you.




And then not even two minutes later I found Brown Sugar in a sink in our powder room.  Talk about weird, but there she was all relaxed as if she has done this many times before.



I guess what it breaks down to is that these four legged animals drive me absolutely crazy.  I mean to the point where I begin to think about re homing them, but at the same time I see how much love they have for my kids, except the older one, and how much my kids love them that I couldn't tear their little bond apart. So I guess I am stuck with the crazy cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment