Monday, February 5, 2018

You know it wouldn't be a good Monday if I did not share a story from my crazy world.  These little mishaps always happen when I least expect it and we truly do get a laugh out of it, but as things are happening I am not always laughing.

The chaotic story happened last evening while the everyone was watching the Super Bowl and I was getting dinner ready.  See our older, grumpy cat is what I call an adventure hunter.  I am sure in her mind she is the tiger ready to pounce on her prey, but she truly does not get many opportunities to hunt because she is an indoor cat.  She resorts to hunting the largest of the two kittens (not kittens anymore) and it has truly resorted in giving that poor cat anxiety and she is now a stress eater and pees on bathmats.

Now as I continue to give you more background knowledge of the four legged fur babies we have, I will also add that recently we have come to notice we have a rodent in our garage.  We never have had issues before, but recently a bag of cat food was nibbled into and a bag of bird seed, so we know it keeps coming back for food.  Of course all food is in a closed container now, and I honestly thought the rodent was gone, that is until my experience last night.

So onto my story about my fierce hunter.  Last night she was meowing at the garage door and really wanted to go out to the freezing garage.  At that point in the evening I was like fine, go freeze and think you are the beast you are not.  Of course at this point, Ayden decides football is not important and wants to go in the garage with the cat.  So both child and cat are in the garage, and I opened the door to check on them after five minutes and Ayden says he can't find the cat.  So I am standing on the steps with Ayden and the cat literally comes bolting out of a small crevice by where I have a bench and the kids shoes and there is a loud squeaking noise that is followed by a lot of commotion.  Ayden screams because well the cat scared him, but little did he know that the cat was on the pursuit of getting this rodent.  She ran to the opposite end of the garage where there was a lot of squealing at this point, and I am yelling for Ayden to get into the house before the great hunter chases the darn thing into my house.  Tyler of course comes running to see what is going on and Audrey is screaming because well I said the word mouse.  See it was all up until this point that I thought it was just a simple mouse, but the flash of this creature was not a small mouse and sure did squeak like a chipmunk, so who knows what is in our garage.

After the screaming stopped, I opened the door to get the cat in because quite frankly I couldn't deal with this anymore.  She swaggered into the house, a little winded, but thank the lord she did not come in with said rodent in her mouth.  That my friends would have sent me over the edge.  I do not know if this cat killed the rodent and it is frozen stiff somewhere in my garage, or if it escaped and will come back again for another round of hide and seek with the great hunter.  All I know at this point is that I cannot stand rodents, and I am not sure if I should let the cat into the garage ever again.  I remember this fall seeing a little 13 lined ground squirrel hanging around our garage, so I am assuming that is what is our problem, however if it is something like a rat or something crazy like that...just pray for me because I may just lose my mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment