Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Being a "No" Mom

Ugh...I have gotten back into that routine of being a "No" mom.  Seriously I have written about how I will probably never be a "Yes" mom, and I struggle with being a "Maybe" mom quite a few times, but I came across a picture today that made me realize how much of a "No" mom I have become in the past month or so.

Lately I feel like my poor kids hear nothing but me nagging to have them to stop fighting, whining, or to pick up their things.  I know at this point they have literally tuned me out because I have to physically touch them on the shoulder or raise my voice ten decibels before I even get a reaction.  Yes, this is my fault, but boy it is hard to not to just say the word "no" and not give an explanation why.  Or even tell the kids to "knock it off", and the poor kids don't even know what I am talking about except that I am barking an order at them once again.

In fact, when I was back in Michigan, Audrey was playing with Ayden and they were pretending to be parents.  Audrey said that she was not going to have a good day if her children wouldn't listen to her. Yep folks, that came out of my daughter's mouth and guess where she heard it from?  Guilty and shameful me.  I know my children are watching and listening to everything I do, but I still approach them on those days I am exhausted with an unfortunate negativity.  Talk about feeling the mom guilt now.

I cannot guarantee you I will not write more about being a "No" mom, but I can guarantee I am going to attempt to try and at least put a positive spin on the negative behaviors I want changed with my kiddos.

No one ever said this parenting thing was going to be easy, but boy, lately I feel it is getting harder and harder each day!



I think I need to print this off and hang it on the refrigerator and probably make an extra copy to carry around in my back pocket because yes my friends it has gotten bad in the Evans house.  Here's to wishing me luck, strength, and energy to become a better and positive momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment