Monday, January 26, 2015

Never Say Things Aloud

Lately I have felt that the moment I say something the opposite of what I want to happen occurs.  It is like the universe is playing a twisted joke on me and I am not being humored at all!

Yesterday I was talking with Tyler about Ayden and how we could put away the door lock that we had on his door because he was only leaving his room in the morning.  However last night Ayden decided to begin his shenanigans at 4:15 am, and I knew I had spoke too soon the other day.  When Ayden wakes up I have realized he books his little self to Audrey's room to see if she is awake. Of course she was not awake this morning because most sane people are sleeping at this hour, and I was only able to get myself up out of bed to grab him after he had opened and shut her door a couple of times.  I rounded the not sleeping child into the guest bedroom and told him we would sleep together in there until it was a reasonable morning wake up time.  In the meantime I had to use the bathroom and get my good pillow, and simply told Ayden to lay down and I would be back in a few.  I figured he would just lay there and wait until I came back, but oh no we had to sing his rendition of "Mr. Sun" and I had to stifle his singing because I did not need the entire house up because it was just too early.

Once we got situated, Ayden tossed and turned, fluffed his pillow, talked to the cat, rubbed my face, pulled my hair, and kicked me while adjusting to the perfect spot about fifty times before the kid finally fell asleep.  I am not sure if he or I fell asleep first, but I was definitely done with the morning shenanigans.

I finally woke up to light streaming into the windows, when I realized it was Monday and I had to have Audrey to physical therapy.  Panic set in because it was 8 am, but realize sleeping beauty was still snoring away on his perfectly fluffed pillow with his legs sprawled across my chest.  I wandered around the house to find Audrey who apparently awoke before me.  Tyler had set her up with watching a show before he left for work that only apparently lasted an half hour because she was then watching a show on grave diggers on the History channel.  Really?  I am so glad she doesn't find trouble, however I am not sure her choice of shows was a good choice.

Needless to say today is a day for a coffee IV, and I am trying to remember as my tired self wants to just throw in the towel that these are memories that are making our lives memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment