Monday, April 27, 2015

4:30 am and Food

This fine Monday morning I was awoken by the whimpers of Ayden.  Initially I thought  great he peed the bed because when you put a kiddo to bed with just underwear I think that is where moms minds wander to.  I got up ready to to do the whole bed stripping thing, but to my surprise he had another problem.  Ayden was hungry, and in particular he wanted strawberries to curb this hunger that awoke him from his slumber.  Now I am all for getting a glass of water for the kids if they aren't feeling good, but I do not do snacks at 4:30 am.  I told him in a couple hours he could have breakfast so he just needed to close his eyes.  He was okay with this, and I crawled back in bed thinking I could at least get another hour of sleep.

I really thought Ayden may go back to sleep, but once Tyler got in the shower and began making morning noises, Ayden came racing into our room and crawled in bed with me.  I don't mind the snuggles and knew I could hold him off in the bed until Tyler went downstairs, then it was his problem.  Ayden got his strawberries and some blueberries too.  His day was complete, however that darn pee thing snuck up on us because I guess he had an accident during breakfast.  It must have been that hyper focused attitude that made him forget to use the bathroom before eating those strawberries.

So there is our morning so far and we haven't even made it to 7 am!  Ayden is dressed for the day putting together puzzles and talking a lot.  I have yet to get my coffee, but I think it may be a multiple cup day for me!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment