Monday, April 13, 2015

Time Zone Changes

We were fortunate to go to Oregon on a family vacation to visit Tyler's parents last week.  Our visit was fantastic, but the once we got back home the kids struggled with bed time more than I want to admit.  We have been struggling before we even left for the trip, but once we got home it began to become overwhelming.  I was tired and of course the kids weren't.  Seriously where did their energy come from because I needed to get me some of it.  :)

I think as we start into a new week, we are on a schedule again.  Not necessarily the schedule I may want, but it is what the kids need.  I have also began using their coconut oil/lavendar lotion I have mixed up to help get them to calm down a bit.  I am not sure if it is the lotion or if it is the new schedule, but they are at least going to their beds after stories.  I may have to lay with them until they fall asleep, but that is minimal in terms of time, just kills my back to lay on the floor.  The only issue we come into play with is that I lay in Ayden's room, and then Audrey needs me, or vice versa.

The whole purpose though is that time zones throw off the kids, but they are a lot more flexible than I have ever believed.  I can't really complain though because with this new schedule the kids are sleeping in until 7-7:30, which is nice.  If only I could just get myself to bed earlier so that I could wake up earlier and enjoy some time to workout and some peace.  I can always have hopeful thinking right?

Here is to the schedule we have established so far to remain consistent and maybe some extra outside play time to get the bed time to go even smoother.  One can wish right?

No comments:

Post a Comment