Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Tutus and Prioritites

Currently I should be making a tutu for Audrey's dance recital that is on Thursday, but instead I am watching Survivor on the DVR.  This evening I spent twenty minutes scaring bugs off window screens and laying on children's floors, and then decided it was time for me to go work on the tutu.  Guess what happened?  Yes, TV and blogging took over.  I have the elastic waistband ready to be sewn, and then I need to cut the tulle and begin working.  I can knock this all out in an hour ( I hope), but I would rather just do something like watch TV so that I do not have to think much.

I am hoping that I can gain the motivation, but at this point tonight, it is not happening.  I can only hope that I can work on the tutu tomorrow afternoon.  I am sure I will have all sorts of helpful hands, which will make things even easier (insert sarcasm).

The thing is the stuff that needs to get done will get done.  I can't keep stressing over the little details and chores.  If I need a break, I am going to take it and just work harder the next day to get yesterday's jobs done.  So if you see me out and about, don't ask me about the tutu.   You are more than welcome to ask to see a picture of Audrey in her dance outfit on Friday, but until then, don't ask about the tutu.

No comments:

Post a Comment