Monday, April 20, 2015

Church

Wow...who would have thought that going to church would be such an ordeal?  I guess I have to remember that I run a circus and that nothing is easy in our household, but Sunday was something I did not expect.

Lets back up to early Sunday morning.  Ayden is currently fighting either a cold or allergies, and his cough when he awoke was a little alarming.  He also awoke up crying for Tyler and told us he didn't feel good.  Tyler and I made a decision that it would be wise to have him stay home from church, and you would have thought we asked Ayden to give up playing for the rest of his life.  We had a discussion that Tyler would stay home with Ayden, and we moved on with our morning.

In Evans' fashion we all frantically rushed through our morning with baths and showers.  It came time to get ready to walk out the door and Ayden began to lose his mind.  Now when I take a flashback to my childhood, if my parents told me I could stay home from church with them, I would have been super excited.  However with Ayden that was not the case.

Ayden went nuts.  By nuts I mean he is walking down the steps in the garage to go to the car and Tyler had to snatch him up and bring him in the house.  There was kicking and screaming and it broke my heart that he was that motivated to go to church.  Of course I forgot my coffee in the house and had to sneak back in, but boy was Ayden putting up the ultimate fight.  I got Audrey buckled in her car seat and then began to leave when I saw Ayden's last attempt to get to the car to go to church. He had gotten the front door open and was ready to make a break for it.  Tyler had grabbed him, but in the process Ayden's foot was stuck in the door.  Seriously this was a hot mess, and a few colorful words came out of my mouth.  Why is he losing his mind?  He gets extra Daddy time at home, this should be a win-win situation right?  However Ayden had his mind set on going to church and there was no changing his mind.  In the grand scheme of things this shows me that the kids will be capable of great things because his determination is amazing at age two!

After coming home from church, I did discover that Ayden did calm down after about a half hour.  (Poor Tyler.)  However I was told by Ayden that I needed to stay with him for the rest of the day.  Little did the kiddo know I would be leaving around bed time for a meeting, but surprising since I left by myself he was okay with it.  He was not going to miss out on anything that Audrey was going to do or miss out on church that he was determined to attend .

I am glad that my children enjoy going to church, but I am sure the members at the church are even more grateful that we kept the little germ human home.

No comments:

Post a Comment