Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Boys will be boys...sigh

All I have to say is that having a boy has changed my life and respect for those mommas who have more than one!  Honestly how do you raise this breed and not pull out all of your hair?

It amazes me how busy boys are.  Seriously they are content playing with a car, and then in 2.2 seconds they go into complete destruction mode.  I feel that I am never able to put my guard down with Ayden, and the way they are wired is a tough one for me to understand.

Lately Ayden loves to find different ways to get people's attention.  I give the kid credit for his efforts, but it sure does add a little embarrassment on my end.  Last weekend we decided at the last minute to go out to lunch.  The kids were enjoying themselves, eating away, when Ayden decided his carrot stick was a great way to whack the waitresses and get their attention.  Really Ayden?  I think there is a better way to get the girls besides hitting them with vegetables, but the girls all smiled and swooned over him, so in his mind, vegetable whacking is the best way to get the ladies!

I took the kids to the grocery store for a milk run, and Ayden got a wild hair up his butt and decided he was going to attempt to eat people as they walked by.  Now he did not bite anyone, but as each person walked by the cart, he made the obnoxious crunching/biting noise.  You should have seen the crazy looks he got.  A guy even took his chance and was waving at Ayden and got a little too close and nearly got the dinosaur claws and growl that came with it.  He laughed, but I continuously apologized and turned red in the face.

Now at home it is just as bad, but at least it is in the privacy of our own home.  Ayden loves to attack Audrey.  He pretends to be a monster and tries to "eat" her.  Literally slinking across the floor and chomping like a rabid dog.  Audrey runs and screams and this only fuels the fire for Ayden to attack more.  Ayden did this recently and to aid in a better visual, think about the creepy creature from the movie The Grudge.  Now needless to say I never let him "get" Audrey, but it is his new favorite game and the more Audrey freaks out the better it is for Ayden.

I could definitely point out a few more things that boys do, but I am going to stop here, as I am just exhausted from this little explanation.   Don't get me wrong, I love Ayden to death and appreciate him and his creative ways, but boy I have to work out every day just to obtain the energy to keep up with this kiddo and he is only 20 months!  So mothers with boys and that are still sane...I tip my hat to you and give you more credit than anyone feels you deserve.  You DESERVE that CREDIT...believe me!

No comments:

Post a Comment