Monday, February 3, 2014

Weekend Mishap

It has been awhile since I have had a weekend mishap to report, so I knew I was due to get a crazy event in the house.

Picture this....Audrey is lunch and makes that announcement that she has to pee.  I am still confused why she makes this announcement every time, but I simply tell her to go and that is when the chaos began.  I was getting ready to prep my own lunch when there was the whimper from the bathroom.  When I asked Audrey what was wrong she frantically explained she was peeing.  So I opened the door of the bathroom to take note she was indeed peeing, but not in the toilet.  Audrey had waited too long, and indeed was peeing on the floor because she couldn't get her pants off fast enough.  Now I yell to Tyler to get me a towel, and he hands me two paper towels.  Really?  Are two paper towels going to take care of a pool of urine that is the size of Lake Michigan that is beginning to form another Great Lake around the toilet?  I finally get snarly and ask to get some of our old towels to wipe up the mess, and I am dumbfounded why this is even a hard concept to deliver on.

I get Audrey out of her saturated bottoms, dry her off, and tell her to just go sit in the tub upstairs and I would be up there soon.  I then proceed to clean up the mess and start the laundry.  As I begin to walk upstairs to bathe Audrey I find her sitting on the stairs.  Confused why she is not in the bath, she informed me I was taking too long and she thought I was not okay so she was coming to check on me.  Sorry Audrey I did not run upstairs immediately, but I kinda had a mess to clean up.  I get her in the tub to clean up, and ask her what she learned from all this.  Her response, "Peeing on the floor isn't a good idea."  Seriously, what about lets not hold it to the last minute?  So after explaining how she needs to not hold her pee until the last minute, she was running to the bathroom a lot that day.  I didn't have the energy to get mad at Audrey, and honestly I couldn't get mad because we did learn a lesson, but dealing with pee was not on my lunch time agenda.

I guess there is never a dull moment in our house, and pee will happen.

1 comment: