Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Competition

For those of you who know me well, you know that I am a very competitive person.  Like it gets a little crazy sometimes.  If I don't think I can win something or be successful at it, I won't try it because I have this crazy desire to win.  I know I have a problem, but I am trying to work on it. I know it may seem a little unhealthy on how I can be competitive, but I think it is only a way I can set goals and obtain them.  Notice I am trying to convince myself that my competition issue is okay and there is a rational explanation.  Lets face it, I need to let go and realize I just need to give it my best effort at this point.

Recently I have been seeing a lot of blogs, letters, and links about competition between the stay at home mom and the working mom.  It's like everyone has an opinion on what is right.  I don't know why I bother reading half the things I do online, but I get drawn in to see what others have to say on certain topics and it just sends me into an upsetting frenzy.  Like the articles about breastfeeding in public...OMG who cares if someone covers or doesn't...seriously just do your own thing and mind your own business!

Honestly people, who is to say one view is right from another?  I feel that lately many folks are deciding that their opinion is the most important or that what they do is better than another person, but in all reality we are all the same.

I have been a working mom and it is hard, and I am currently a stay at home mom and it is hard!  I think that there are perks to both being a working mom and one that stays at home, but guess what they are both hard and both moms love their kids equally as much!  No one is better and there is no way anyone can argue otherwise.  Sure we could all state our opinions as to why staying at home or working is best for their family, but here is the deal, it is what is best for your family!

I think we as a society are so quick to judge that what another is doing that is not in the norm is wrong.  We have to quit that folks because we really do not have the right to judge.  I don't care if you have a doctorates degree or a high school diploma, as moms we know what is right for our family and it is so important that we as moms remember that and don't get our noses bent out of shape when someone says something that hurts our view or how we are living our lives.  It's no one's business but our own and we really need to stop trying to use that last bit of energy up on defending ourselves, when in all reality that last bit of energy should be spent on our kids!

Now I do need to take my own advice that I just spewed out, as I find that I constantly need to defend or justify my choices, but no more! I am doing what I do because it is what is best for our family, but you better believe I will be the best at making sure it works too.  :)

I challenge you today, to embrace who you are and love it!  There is only one of you out there in the world, so make sure that person is the best that you can be!

Just can't seem to shake that competitiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment