Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Coffee

Are there any of you out there that share the same obsession with coffee as me?  I seriously look forward to bed so that I can a) finally get some peace, but mostly b) I can have coffee.  Yes the already high strung lady loves coffee! 

I used to be really bad with coffee and drink a pot a morning to get me through morning at school.  Not that I needed the caffeine for the sake of staying awake, but because I needed the energy to keep up with the 50 million different directions my mind and body was being pulled when teaching grades 4-6 at the same time.  However, with my blood pressure, drinking a pot of coffee a day was not the best health choice for me or the fact that I had to get someone to cover for me or take class trips to the hallway so I could pee. 

Now I am down to two cups a day, but boy could I drink it all day long!  I think I tried that one time and well did not sleep worth a lick so I learned quickly that I had to drink coffee before 2 pm or I was going to mess up my sleep.  No one wants to see me with less than seven hours of sleep, I am just not a nice person.

In the morning I normally do not get to my cup of coffee until I have drank water, showered, and ate breakfast.  I read somewhere that you normally don't want to drink to gain the benefits of caffeine until at least an hour of waking up because your body is naturally making those awake hormones for the first hour.  However, what is the problem with kicking those hormones into high gear, right?  I need all the energy I can get most days, so I try to take advantage of the natural awake hormone and then continue with my caffeine burst to try and get me through to nap time for the kids.

I don't know if I am a complete bear without my coffee, but I do think I am a better person after my coffee.  It may be all psychological of why I think coffee makes me a better person in the morning, but I am going to keep drinking coffee to ensure those around me are not allowed to see me unleash the non coffee momma.

When it comes to coffee I am not too picky, but I have found that I cannot drink coffee black.  Maybe that makes me not a true coffee expert, but all I know is I like the smell and the taste as long as I can get some good creamer for the coffee.  I have even gone to the extreme of getting only sugar free creamer and it is not too bad.  However, someone who is out to sabotage my weight loss created a Somoa Girl Scout Cookie creamer and it is to die for!  Like this is almost as good as that stupid pin I saw on Pinterest about pairing Girl Scout Cookies with wine.  MMMMmmm...wine, that could be an entire different blog, as that is yet another guilty pleasure of mine.

Now as I finish my writing and make that first cup of coffee, I am going to savor every last drop of goodness, regardless if there is a tornado going on around me and someone took someone else's book.  Cheers my friends, to a nice hot cup of joe!

No comments:

Post a Comment