Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Why Blog?

So I have really been getting into the whole blogging scene.  In fact I crave writing nowadays and I am so glad I do have some down time to do this.  You know that quiet time after the children are asleep if I am not utterly exhausted, during the weekend, or even now I have found that Audrey will work quietly on handwriting activities while I write during Ayden's nap.  Now I am not sure why this writing is giving me such pleasure, but it is a hobby and an outlet and I am going to keep going with it.  In fact one day I wish to have my blog in other places than just Facebook, but I need to research further how to do this.  If anyone knows...please do not hold the information back.  I also hope to compile some of these experiences that I have posted to create a book.  Maybe that is a far fetched idea, but I guess everyone needs long term goals too, right?

Now onto the reason for blogging.  So it makes me feel good and it gives me an outlet, but it also allows for me to get things out.  After reading a very inspiring book for moms, The Artist's Daughter by Alexandra Kuykendall, I realized that I could not move on with my life and find my happiness until I let the baggage go.  Even if I didn't think it was bothering me, digging deep down and discovering how crazy my life was last year and that it was okay to feel overwhelmed was important to me.  I still have quite a bit to work through, but I have begun believing in myself again and realizing that even though I may not be working, I still can inspire children, and bonus the kids are my own.  Now yes, being a stay at home mom is hard work, I mean you never get a break and you are never able to call in sick, but boy is it worth it! (Although I still miss being a teacher and having my own time as well...such a torn feeling.)

I suggest that if you have time to read the book, you should, especially if you are going through some transitional situations or you are just looking for a little inspiration that what you do is important as a mom.

2 comments:

  1. Love that book! I saw her speak at MomCon 2013, and she was great! Are you involved with a MOPS group?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just joined in August, and I love it! Such a great excuse to get together with ladies that are working in the same direction in life, dealing with similar struggles, and full of great advice! I am so fortunate to have found the group I did:) MomCon sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete