Thursday, February 6, 2014

Play Dates

Okay so I guess I am a little late to this band wagon, but play dates are the BEST IDEA EVER!!!

Last week I put together with a couple of moms from Audrey's preschool a play date at our house.  We needed to get things together for the kids' Valentines Party, so why not make a play date out of the ordeal.  The moment I sent the text and told Audrey the countdown began!  The play date was yesterday and the text was sent last Thursday, so you can only imagine the conversations with my chatty little girl.

Every morning Audrey asked how many more days and the joy and excitement only grew.  Audrey even was well behaved because she would hate to lose the privilege of having friends over.  (Why didn't I arrange this earlier?)  Tyler had asked Audrey what everyone was going to play and she explained they would play princes and princesses.  Ayden would have to be a princess though because there were going to be so many boys.  When yesterday finally came, she literally woke up at the butt crack of dawn and it was the longest four hours ever to get the kids here. 

Everyone arrived and the kids had a blast.  Even Ayden stayed well behaved and attempted to share!  I don't think too many prince and princesses were played with, but they all took advantage of all the toys!  The kids all had fun and Audrey was very sad to see everyone leave the house.  In fact she was planning the next play date the moment they pulled out of the driveway! 

Needless to say there will be more play dates in our future and I am very excited for this.  I love the fact that Audrey and Ayden have each other, but it sure is important for them to have friends as well.  Talk about getting that life lesson taught early...mommy wins!  However, mommies need the play dates as much as the kids because we actually can have an adult conversation, which I crave daily because you can only talk about princesses and trains for so long! 

Here are to many more play dates in my kids' future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment