Friday, November 14, 2014

Great Inventions

I apologize for those of you who find this post a little boring, but if I can help just one person with these products I found to help with the little challenging tasks then it was totally worth it!

There are two things that I grumble to do for my children and that is brushing their teeth and brushing their hair.  Now that we cut Ayden's hair short he isn't an issue with the hair brushing. :)  I would be lying if I said I found the end all be all products for these two things that I cringe at completing, however I have found a way to make them a little less painful.

My first thing that has helped us with brushing teeth is a timer app I have for the phone that was free. It is called Brusheez and it is fabulous, except the catchy tune gets stuck in your head and your kids sing it all the time.  I can only solve one problem at a time here...not a miracle worker:)  The app is basically a timer for brushing teeth, but it allows the kids to pick their monster character (only 2 to pick from that are free), and you can also adjust the time on the timer.  It is not the end all be all, but it is free and it gets the kids motivated to brush and they don't complain how long I brush their teeth.

The other item I stumbled upon after a recommendation from a mom in our MOPS group was the Wet Brush.  Brushing Audrey's hair is always a challenge.  She whines and yells when she has knots in her hair, which is pretty much any time she wears her hair down or gets out of the bath.  Just a month ago I was brushing her hair and I started to get flash backs from when my mom used to brush my hair and the tears...oh the tears.  If I remember correctly my mom would go through so much yelling and detangler spray to just get my hair presentable after baths.  It was as if history was about to repeat itself, and I wanted it to stop.  I picked up the brush at Target and have never regretted the $9 spent on it.  I am not sure the exact technology in the brush and the placement of the bristles, even if that is what makes it so good, but it gets those knots out quickly and the tears are minimal.  Audrey can even brush her hair effectively.

Sorry if I bored some of you with these shared items, but as I said before they have made my life a little easier and wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment