Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The World's Okayest Mom

A couple weeks ago I received a package in the mail from a great friend.  I was super excited about mail because I normally never get anything except for bills and credit card applications, but I was also excited because I always get mail from this friend when I truly need it.  It's like she just knows when my life needs a little pick me up.  :)

I opened up the box and found the best coffee mug ever!  It was simple, white, and had the best saying on it ever:  World's Okayest Mom.  Now this was not a gift to hurt my feelings, it was a gift of reassurance, one we both appreciated.  In fact we send random texts to each other where we sometimes just don't feel like we are being very good moms, but at least we are doing our best right?!?  The note that was included was just perfect because it explained how it just spoke to her at that time in her life and she knew I could relate.  Could I ever!

At this point in my life I was tired of trying to keep up with the Jones'.  (This is kind of a funny term since my mother's maiden name is Jones!)  I needed to stop comparing myself to everyone and just be me.  I was meant to be Audrey and Ayden's momma and I am everything they need in their life.  I may be rough around the edges and not do everything to perfection, but I do an okay job.  There you have it...an okay job.

Whatever happened to okay being fine?  I am very competitive and I strive for being the best I can be, but if that best is only okay in society's eyes...then so be it.  I love being okay and I will continue to be okay for my kids because it works for us.

So today I ask you to reflect and be the best mom, wife, employee, boss, or human you can be, and guess what?  It is okay if that best is okay!  Be the World's Okayest (blank), and embrace that okayest to its fullest potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment