Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Just Can't Catch Up!

Recently I have just felt like I cannot catch up!  I mean if I feel ahead of the game in one area,  I am totally slacking in another area.  And of course when I get to the stressed out point with all this, what do I do?  I totally take on more obligations or add more to my plate.  Seriously, instead of deciding to be Wonder Woman, I should just settle for being Okay Woman!  I mean didn't I already post a blog on that already?  But there are days I am okay with being okay, and then I have days that I want to be okay at everything.  Once again I think I may need help with this problem, but I will seek help later.  :)

In the midst of feeling all crazy and high strung, I read last night.  In fact I was reading God Moments:  A Year in the Word by The writers of Encouragement.com.  This book is perfect for me to read daily because it gives me a quick snippet each day of a daily reflection through verses in the Bible.  I am not the type of person who can pick up the Bible and read through an entire chapter.  I need things in small doses to digest and be able to take away the message or understanding. I had to "catch up on my days to be up to speed on the current date.   My problem is I am having a hard time reading every night!  Doesn't this defeat the purpose?  However I feel that I need to do this to get a take on a daily verse to focus how this particular scripture is related to my life as this day, and you know what the crazy thing is, it touches bases almost on something that has occurred in the day or that week that has been bothering me.  Now it doesn't give me the end all be all answer to some of the chaos, but it sure does make me feel a connection to the outside world that I may not always get to connect with.  Bonus right?

Yesterday as I was catching up, I found a day I wasn't even suppose to read because it is not Leap Year to be the most moving!  Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act.  Do not say to your neighbor, "Come back later;  I'll give it tomorrow".  ~Proverbs 3:27-28  Now this was totally how I have been living lately to just get by.  I want to help so much, but I feel that I am limited on how I can help and I always so I can help later.  Or I pass up the opportunity and then after the moment has passed I recreate the scenario of all the ways I could have helped but didn't. Now in this short three page focus for February 29th, it goes on to talk about doing good in the now and to never neglect doing good because the opportunities to do these good things may not ever come our way again.  How true is that?  How great would our world be if we could just do good and help when the opportunity comes stumbling across our feet?  This is very empowering because this is the type of people I want my babies to become.  Folks that live int he moment of doing good, but how can I expect them to do any of this if I do not model it for them?

With that all being said, from this day forward I am going to try my hardest to try and do good as the opportunities present themselves, regardless of how far behind on things I am.  I cannot let that other stuff get in the way because I have to realize I will more than likely never be caught up on everything in life.  Then I am only to hope my children will lead by my example.  Here is to making the world a better place, one good deed at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment