Thursday, March 12, 2015

Late

Recently as the kids and I have been attempting to get from point A to point B, I am noticing we are always late.  There is no "on time" happening here.

I used to always be early for everything and never understood why people were late.  I mean how hard could it be to get little humans from here to there?  I wish I never thought this way because guess what....it came back and bit me in the rear.

Lets take yesterday for an example.  I made plans that we would go to the museum and meet friends at 12:30.  Seemed simple enough.  We were all dressed and ready to go, all I had to do is make sure we all ate.  Of course Ayden wanted a hard boiled egg for lunch, but seriously I had time to get that done, get the random cheese sandwich Audrey wanted, and I made a quick quiche for the next couple lunches for the week for myself.  Everyone ate, but then something happened.  It was like fifteen minutes before we needed to walk out the door and I asked the kids to use the bathroom and it was like I asked them to chop off a body part.   I finally got them both to use the bathroom, and then I had to ask them to put on their socks because for some reason they couldn't wear socks while eating lunch.  Then asking them to put on shoes was like asking them to go to bed early.  See this is where I question what is going on.  They want to go to the museum, but they just lose their minds when being asked to get ready to go somewhere.

Needless to say we were late to the museum, not by a lot, but we were late.  And as I was driving to the museum, Audrey did ask if we were running late.  I laughed and stated that of course we were late because lately when aren't we late?

I will continue to work on trying to be on time, but I wouldn't be holding my breath on that one.  Therefore, if you see me running early for something, be shocked and write it down because it is a rare situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment