Monday, March 9, 2015

Tantrums

We have officially hit the stage of the horrible tantrums.  I forgot how bad these things actually can get!  This weekend Ayden has officially had a tantrum a day and I think we are both exhausted by the end of the episode.  I can't even remember what Saturday's tantrum was about, but Sunday's was over cheese.  Yes a cheese stick sent my sweet baby boy into instant exorcist mode.  His face turned red, the screaming was at a decibal that even the folks in houses four doors down could hear.  He was screaming gibberish that neither Tyler or I could decipher and at that point what is one to do?

When Ayden gets to this point at home, I put him in his room.  The poor kids just needs to calm down, but in a place where the rest of us don't have to experience it.  Well, almost all of us.  I am normally the one carrying him to his room, putting him in his bed, and then holding the door closed for about fifteen minutes until he is completely calm.  This fifteen minutes feels like fifteen hours, but we get through it and he is beginning to understand that he won't get his way by carrying on that ludicrous behavior.  However he is almost three and well I know we will have so many more of these crazy tantrums.

I was a little concerned because Audrey was being all emotional and crazy last week, but then after this weekend of the reminder of what three was like, I have realized that I am in for a doozy.  The emotional is raw, and it is so draining.  I guess there may be some solidification to have Audrey in kindergarten next year, as I try and survive the tiresome threes with Ayden.

Here is a fun little article that resonates well with the age of three....The Threenager
This is my life people!

No comments:

Post a Comment