Friday, March 13, 2015

Weather

I am not sure exactly what happens, but once warm weather starts showing up I begin to feel fabulous.  I am sure it has a lot to the vitamin D aspect of things, but I tell you what this week we have been outside every day and I am loving it!  The only down side of being outside every day is that the kids and I are absolutely exhausted at the end of the day!

This week is Audrey's spring break and we have taken full advantage of doing an outdoor activity every day.  Yesterday we did the zoo and I busted out my t-shirt and flip flops and totally rocked them.  Now by the end of the excursion my toes were sore because they are at that stage of not having anything between the big toe for so long, but I think I have started that summer callous so lets bring on the warm weather.  Now mind you we haven't busted out the shorts or tank tops, but boy do I ever want to.  It is only March and it is crazy to take note of how much I missed summer.  I think everyone can agree that this weather has been nice, however it is Nebraska so I am awaiting the blizzard in a couple weeks:)

Regardless if the weather is here to stay or not, it sure has been a great way to cope with the time change and have such a gorgeous spring break for Audrey!  The only thing that would make this spring break complete in Ayden's eyes is if we could go to the Safari Park.  The kid is obsessed with that place and is counting down the days to the opening in April.  He started back in January asking to go to the Safari Park, so hopefully after preschool on April 1st, we may venture to the Safari Park to just make his day.  But then once it opens I think we go at least once a week there.  We go to the Safari Park and Zoo a lot in the summer, and we totally get our money's worth in our membership.

With all that being said, the weather has definitely helped with my winter blues and I am beginning to get a grip on a lot of things around the house.  The kids and I's cheeks are all sun kissed, and my house has sand from the playground scattered around and the smell of sunscreen is a fragrance in my car.  Yeah for Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment