Friday, March 6, 2015

Kindergarten

Oh Audrey, my dear sweet Audrey!

Now after an absolute terrible, no good day with my little girl yesterday, today is a new day, and I am so sad!  Today is kindergarten roundup and I am just a hot mess over here.  I know she is ready for school, even though she made the cut off by four days, but after the emotional breakdown we had yesterday I sure do question her maturity.  C'mon though momma, I have to remember she is only four and a half, but still the emotion, and then at the same time I am thinking I am going to miss that craziness.  This is why I am a hot mess!

I seriously do love Audrey, but recently we have been having a major power struggle.  She is really trying to test her boundaries and really wants to be in charge, and well unfortunately for her I am in charge.  Yesterday she spent a lot of time learning that when you are a bucket dipper, you spend a lot of time sitting on your bed, missing out on the fun activities going on downstairs.  However, just like that she miraculously turned her behavior around and was a gem for me from 4 pm until she crashed hard at 7:15.  That was probably the main issue right there, she was exhausted, but geesh how is she going to manage school every day for six hours?  This will definitely be an adjustment for the entire family I do believe.

Back to this emotional kindergarten feeling I have going on.  I can still remember her being so tiny, and the thought of her moving into the next chapter of her life is just crazy to me.  People say time goes by quickly with your children, but you can't imagine it until it happens.  Even a couple years ago when I was in the midst of having a toddler and a newborn, I was thinking to myself how can people say I should relish this time when it is absolute chaos?  And now I have my answer.  Time goes so quickly and they are only little for so long.  So even though Audrey has been an emotional roller coaster, I should embrace this time because who knows what sixteen will look like!  Lord help me.

With that being said, I will recap on my kindergarten roundup experience hopefully next week.  I hope to not be reporting I cried the entire time or be the crazy mom asking all the questions or even signed up to volunteer already because that would definitely label me as the helicopter parent I once despises as a teacher.  Please don't let me be that mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment