Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Dip

I am very grateful to have children who love to eat.

Audrey enjoys food, but has been able to establish her favorites over the three years of life and she does try new things, which is a bonus for a preschooler! Both my children love fruit.  We seriously go through a bag of the Cuties in less than a week and bananas and apples are a favorite as well.  Blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries do not last in our house longer than two days, but because they are out of season and you seriously have to pay an arm and a leg, my children are not seeing too much of the berry department currently. 

I have come to the conclusion that Ayden is a human garbage disposal and he truly enjoys all food, especially his DIP!

About three months ago we introduced ketchup to Ayden because he had to try what Audrey was having.  As a side note, I hate ketchup with a passion, but I have learned after child number one that you do not want your kids to pick up on your dislikes but rather develop the dislikes on their own.  So when I have to squirt the glob of ketchup for both kids I cringe, but I have learned to deal.  However in the last month or so Ayden has become a dipping fanatic.  Everything is dip or needs to be dipped.  I have found him dipping his oranges in his cereal milk, blueberries in his yogurt, and even apples in his ketchup!  (Gag) He even was eating ketchup and ranch dressing straight off the fork on Saturday, as if it was a course on its own.  I mean I love a good sauce, but don't you think he is taking this to an extreme?

We have gotten to the point where by the time I give him his food and serve up my own dish at a meal and sit down he is vigorously pointing to his plate where the dip once was and saying, "Dip, dip, dip",  until dip is literally given to the royal subject.  Needless to say I have learned to keep the dip of day on the table so that I am no longer getting back up because this dip request is out of control!

I begin to wonder about some of Ayden's habits.   For example he loves food and is obviously not afraid to experiment with it.  He spends a lot of time with Tupperware, spoons, and the play kitchen and food.  I am drawing a conclusion here that I may have a chef in the making.  God wouldn't that be wonderful?  I could allow him to experiment with food and cook all our meals by the time he is a teenager...a mother can dream right?!  Ayden could be the next Chef Ramsey, but have a much better attitude and behavior. :) 

All I know is that my son's dipping may be a little overwhelming at times, but at least Ayden can eat whatever he wants as of now.  So many children are faced with allergies and are not able to experience the entire food selection my children can.  Therefore, I will turn my head the other way, and Ayden you can DIP ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment