Monday, March 24, 2014

Anyone Else Struggling?

I have honestly not been slacking in the blog department, I just have not had a single moment to myself to sit down in front of the computer.

This past week has been a hard one for me.  I am not sure if it had to do with the fifty million things to do or if it is that stress that I have been attempting to bury deep down and it keeps trying to resurface like acid reflux, but regardless I have been a hard person to deal with!  I can feel how I am short with my kids and I am just annoyed with the littlest things.  I really have tried to keep my cool, but I have found myself just really frustrated and angry.  As I write this I take not of how unhealthy this sounds, but I guess the first step to solving the problem is admitting, right?

I am not sure if all this stems from my kids deciding that they were going to destroy everything in sight and laugh about it, or if we are all just going stir crazy with the weather.  Who knows, but it was just one of those weeks.  We did have a lot of positives in the week in terms of trips to the park and we even went to an open gym one day.  I am noticing that the days that I want to take the kids out and about to do things, these are the days they just want to stay home, and then the days I think it would be good to stay home, they are bored with their toys and are begging for crafts and activities, so going out and about would have been better.  I mean this is life right?  You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Regardless of the situation, I am only hoping to have a better week with the kids.  I think we should be off to a good start as we are not as busy as last week, however I think if we are going to have a good week it stems from me.  I really need to get my act together.  I truly need to bring on the happy face and  make sure I get enough rest so that I can power on with these kiddos because they sense when I am having an off day and they run with it which makes everything accelerate quickly in to a lousy day.

I guess now after I have ranted, I need to get myself together and focus on the positives and keep going.  Now we all have bad days, kids included, but I am determined to make this week better than last because I am not sure if I have enough wine and sanity left.  I know raising kids was never going to be easy, but I have been struggling lately with being a good mom.  I know that I am a good mom, but I do feel after last week, I really need to make up for some of my grumpiness.

So…here is to a better week, a positive week, full of happiness, a little wine, less stress, and minimal temper tantrums!

No comments:

Post a Comment