Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Now I Get It!!

I remember when I first started talking about baby number 2, everyone always said two was so much easier than one.  Well I beg to differ with all of you who said that.  The first year and almost second year have been hard with two children, and honestly I have said to a few that they were wrong because one was so much easier.  It wasn't until recently I finally got what folks were saying.  My kids now actually play with each other.  Seriously sit down and share and play activities...I know sounds like a very simple concept, but this is like the biggest deal in this momma's book!

It was great.  Yesterday my children were playing in their little house, serving each other food and giggling.  I seriously had about ten minutes to just be me without a book being shoved in my face or a a car to race around the floor.  But just like every good thing in life, it had to end.  The glorious time of playing together turned into a knock down, drag out fight over who was going to be the cook.  At one point I saw Ayden had Audrey in a head lock and was attempting to bite her. 

I think what gets me the most is this constant fighting.  I just don't understand how one moment things are calm and serene, and then the next moment there is a serious wrestling match occurring.  It has been brought to my attention by my mother that it will only get worse....thanks Mom!  I know there will be arguments, but I sure am hoping that there will be more playing together than the physical fighting.  I know Ayden is at that age where he doesn't communicate well and his actions are the only way to express, but holy aggression some days!

So here I go, those of you who said it is easier to have more kids than one, you are correct when it comes to that age where they can entertain themselves.  However my advice is this, it may be easier when they are both over two, but when they are young it is just hard!  Like question your sanity of why you decided to have kids so close together hard, but it is totally worth it in the long run...just very exhausting!

No comments:

Post a Comment