Monday, March 10, 2014

Random Acts of Children

There is never a dull moment at the Evans' house, and lately I have just learned to just laugh at everything because otherwise I may end up in an institution.  Although this may actually give me the peace I do crave, so maybe it's time to re-evaluated how I handle things.  Recently Ayden has an obsession with taking off his clothes.  I find him many mornings in just his diaper.  He has somehow in the night unzipped his pajamas and gotten them off and thrown them out of his crib.  I guess I am okay with this until he decides to take off his diaper.  But the other day taking clothes off was taken to the next level.  We get in the house after a trip of running errands and Ayden pulls off his pants.  You can tell he is so proud of himself too, as he just brings me his pants and then does a little dance around me.  Of course this prompts Audrey to take off her pants and then I have two children with no pants on.  Sigh...

This week Ayden has also become very aware of Audrey's conversations.  She will begin calling Ayden a puppy, and he instantly becomes a dog.  I mean crawling on the floor, barking, and attempting to lick both Audrey and I.  We both laugh and of course this gives him more encouragement to continue with his crazy behavior.  Audrey also calls him a monster and that is when the real fun begins in the house.  He literally unleashes his inner beast and attempts to attack Audrey and it scares her to death.  I can hear the fear in her scream of help, but the thing is she brings this one upon herself so it is her turn to deal with that consequence. 

Tyler and I have really seen Audrey's leadership skills come out recently.  She wants to be in charge and calling all the shots.  It makes parenting real fun when she is reprimanding her brother for something she feels is inappropriate.  Or the other day at swim lessons she was trying to keep the distracted little boy in line, but that back fired and she really got upset.  I mean I could see her temper start to flare, but I am glad to see she could control herself and know that when she got the look of knock it off from across the pool from me that she needed to back off.  I know she is truly trying to help, but her bossiness, sorry leadership, is getting to be a little too much.  It may have to do with the fact that she is stepping on my turf, but I do want to allow for her to understand the difference from being a leader and being a control freak.

Regardless of our fun experiences that we have had this week, it only keeps life interesting and I would not want it any other way!  Except for maybe some more wine and a little more peace.  A mom can have dreams too:)

No comments:

Post a Comment