Friday, March 28, 2014

Spring

I am sure there are a lot of you out there who are ready for Spring to be sprung!  Just the thought of walks, trips to the park, and lunches on the deck just makes me happy.  Here in Nebraska we keep getting a glimpse of Spring, but then we get a cold snap and we begin to feel trapped in our own house.    I know the warmth will come soon, but I swear this time of year is the hardest because we can see the light at the end of the tunnel but it never comes soon enough.

Right now I am a little excited to see what Spring is like here in Nebraska, as I was totally disappointed by the winter.  Seriously cold, but no snow, and every time they anticipate weather there seems to be a vortex that takes the moisture away from Omaha.  It is so dry here, not as dry as Colorado, but then it is so humid in the summer.  We literally live in a crazy place when it comes to climate.

After our tough week last week, I am thinking that the kids behavior is directly related to the anticipation of Spring as well.  They want to be outside and run.  Honestly I want them to be outside too! The fresh air does them wonders, and tuckers them out…added bonus for Mom!

I'm actually looking forward to rainy days as well because right now it is sunny, but too cold to be out, and at least with warm, rainy days we know that it will eventually be sunny and warm.  I know it is still only March, but when you look at the weather forecast for sunny and seventies for the weekend, it is hard to not want to crave warmer weather.  It is almost as if the weather is taunting us by giving us a few warm days and then going back to the cold.  However, there are some of you who are still looking at snow on the ground and sub below temperatures, and I apologize for complaining about my lack of warm weather.  I have lived in many cold places and I know I should be grateful, but you all crave the Spring, if not more than the Evans family!

So here is to a quick transition of Spring.  Let the showers begin and the greening of our brown world come to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment