Thursday, March 13, 2014

Is enough truly enough?

Lately I have been over thinking and analyzing things...imagine that!

I really have taken note that I have this addictive personality that can really get me into trouble if I do not watch myself.  Now don't get the wrong idea I am not overindulging or doing something crazy, but I am talking about my body.  Recently I have really been focusing on losing that baby weight and the additional weight I had before Ayden.  Even though gaining 50 pounds seemed like a great idea after the vomiting subsided when growing a baby, the aftermath was not fun.  I seriously lost 30 pounds easily after I had Ayden because of the nursing and the running around, however that last 20 stayed around because I am a stress eater.  However I noticed my knees began to hurt and I just did not like the fact I had no clothes that fit, so it was time for a change.

I kicked it in gear and had a great weight loss support system through our MOPS group.  I managed to lose 35 pounds and now I am in a rut.  I want to continue the healthy lifestyle I have with exercise and the right diet, however I am still losing.  Now this may be because the weight loss group competition is not over, but I am beginning to wonder about myself.  Am I losing more so that I can indulge and fluctuate back to my ideal weight or am I going down an unhealthy spiral of obsession? 

I am thinking the latter is not what the case is, but I have found myself going easier on myself this week due to the chances of an unhealthy obsession becoming formed.  Now believe me I am not in danger, and I have shared my thoughts with others, but it makes me wonder if this is how we all view ourselves.  Is enough ever enough?  Will we ever be that right size or weight?  Will we ever meet that career goal, and when we, do then what?  I think for competitive folks like me I really like to reach a goal, but then I need to have the next goal.  So I have made new goals on toning, and I am starting to get myself out of weight loss mode, but it continues to be a struggle because I have had the weight loss goal for so long.

Now this wasn't a post to get congrats on the weight loss, as I am still very self conscious, but rather this was a post for me to connect with others that have this same view on life of trying to find the "enough" in their life.  I truly think there are many of us that feel this way and I am wondering if this is due to the way society has proceeded what is the ideal look and lifestyle?  Honestly I cannot believe I got sucked into what society cares about because I normally don't give a flying squirrel what my image should be.  However I know that I am currently healthy, making better choices in my lifestyle, and the family is gaining the benefits as well:)  Now to keep maintaining that!

No comments:

Post a Comment