Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Honey and Cinnamon

Lately I have been feeling that as I get older, I am dealing with random issues.  For example last year it was the greasy hair, and I am still having hair issues, but I will share those issues another time.  My issue now is acne.  I seriously feel like I am a teenager with terrible acne.  Now I could have worse issues and I know this, but I always like to share my random cures for things so don't think I am complaining here, well not too much anyway.  I had a physical about three months ago and I brought up this acne issue and literally the doctor gave me some sort of face wash that has done nothing to improve the situation.  He actually blew off my issue and told me it was due to the humidity.

The other day I finally had enough.  I was going to get rid of my acne one way or another.  Guess what I began doing...googling and looking on Pinterest on ways to get rid of acne the natural way.  Seriously the Internet can be my best friend or worse enemy, most the time it is my enemy.  I found two recipes for helping my face and I have literally given them the good college try.  However nothing goes as smoothly as I anticipate it to.  

The first thing I attempted was a honey and cinnamon mask.  It seemed simple enough, but here is a hint...honey takes forever to dry and gets on everything!  The requirement of the mask was just honey and a dash of cinnamon, and then mix and spread evenly on your face.  Honestly this looked simple, but the drying part was not.  I spread this stuff on my face, mainly on the affected areas, which is all over, and I wait.  Forty five minutes later and the stuff is still not dry and I am annoyed and I wash it off.  I saw a little change the next day, but I was expecting bigger results.  I guess the swelling went down a bit, but hello....I wanted these buggers off my face!

I also tried apple cider vinegar as a toner.  I diluted 1/4 tsp to a cup of water.  Honestly I did not do the measuring, I figured that I could just use the remaining amount of vinegar in the bottle and just add water to the rest of the bottle.  Big mistake...I smelled like vinegar and it dried out my skin.  I am sure it made issues worse than better.  After diluting the vinegar a bunch more, I think I got the recipe correct because when I used it the next morning I did not smell too bad and my skin felt less oily.  

Even though both of these remedies promised to get rid of acne over night, I should remember that nothing can be done over night.  I will continue my mask, by the way I have been wearing it this evening for two hours and it still isn't dry!  Hopefully I don't smell too much like vinegar either.  I apologize for those of you who see me in public and I smell.  The thing is I tried these things and they are not exactly working.  I am open to suggestions or better yet, I guess I could really push for that dermatologist referral next time I go into the doctor.

Regardless, I just don't feel these googled results have helped me at all, so back to the drawing board or in this case the Internet search.

No comments:

Post a Comment