Friday, December 5, 2014

Trying to Be

Yesterday we had a play date at our house and it was great.  First of all it gave me the motivation to clean the house, and secondly it gave the kids an activity to do in the house and I did not even have to leave.  It was crazy though because there were six kids in my house and they did not even come close to making the kind of mess just two do in the two hours they were here.

For our afternoon activity I had planned on running to the store and then maybe trying to hit the museum, but then reality set in.  I did not want to leave the house.  It is bad enough that I was going to have to leave the house and take Audrey to dance after dinner, so I just decided to just stay home.  So there we stayed.  We had lunch, played with Legos, watched a Christmas movie, and played Barbies, even watched Sven the reindeer turn into one of Santa's reindeer and deliver Elsa to her destination.  The kids and I were just being and staying home, and it was great.  We have so many activities planned and things to do, but this week Tuesday and Thursday we stayed home.  Our days may have not been great, but we did enjoy ourselves and didn't feel we had to do something constantly.

It is a crazy concept for me to think about with all the buzz around the holidays.  We are able to control what we do, but for some reason we schedule ourselves to be completely busy and then complain about it.  Why do we all do this to ourselves?  I know I am totally guilty of this and I complain about it too, but I am the one that created my own reality so I shouldn't be complaining.

Over the next couple of weeks, things are going to be crazy, however I hope that you all get a few days to just be and relax.  Take the time to enjoy the little things and not needing to be somewhere or do something.  It is hard to do when we know there are so many things to do, but seriously you are going to be a better person by taking some you time during this holiday season.  I think we all get caught up in the holidays and remember what it is all about, which is being with our loved ones.  It really does defeat the purpose if you are at each other's throats because you are stressed about the multiple dozens of cookies that need to be baked or the decorations that need to be put up.

Just be, my friends, and have a blessed holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment