Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Mothers of Boys

Oh hail to those moms who have more than one boy in their family!  I am struggling with just one little boy, and I question his sanity (and mine) daily.  The male brain works in mysterious ways and the things that drive Ayden just make me shake my head.  I never thought as a mom I would say some of the things I have, but I say them and I really do not analyze it that much because then I look like the crazy one.

Eating is always an adventure in the Evans house, and on Christmas Eve I had made us a vegetable pizza.  It was quick and easy, but Audrey and Ayden were quick to tell me all the parts they did not like about it, which basically was the vegetables.  Audrey ended up refusing to eat and that was her choice, but I think Ayden got scared of the no snacks at church so he was then more of a curious eater.  He definitely enjoyed the crust and the cheese and carrots.  However it was the broccoli and cauliflower that had him unsure.  He ended up eating that cauliflower, but the broccoli was a challenge.  With Audrey and broccoli I simply tell her they are trees and she just munches away.  However with Ayden I knew I had to be more creative, so here is my motivational talk to Ayden to get him to finish his broccoli.

M:  Please eat up your broccoli and we can go get ready for church.
A:  No thanks.
M:  You know I heard that broccoli makes you fart.  Do you want to be a farting machine?
A:  Me, me want to be a fart machine.
M:  Okay, then eat up that broccoli.
A:  Okay momma.

Yes friends it was that easy.  Just tell the kid he could be a farting machine and he was all over that broccoli.  If I knew things were that easy, I would have told him tons of other things would give him gas too!

He was a little disappointed though because he only farted a couple times for the rest of the evening, but guess what, I didn't completely lie since he managed to have some success.

There you go.  The male brain works different than a females and this is why I sometimes don't know what to do with my little tornado.  However, now I know at this stage of life anything that is related to gas may be my only way to getting him to do what I want.

Here is to all you mommas out there who have this boy thing under control, and well to the rest of us, here is to thinking outside the box!

No comments:

Post a Comment