Monday, December 29, 2014

Sweet Moments

Currently I am battling some news I am not ready to share, but lets just say I am really struggling on how to make things better.  I am a person who wants things to be better and everyone to be happy.  I hate seeing people hurt and I just wish I had a magical wand to fix it all.  However we all know that this is not possible, so I am working through it.

With all that is running through my mind, I was able to sit and be still for a little bit during church the other day.  I was listening to the message, totally self absorbed as I was relating it to my life, when a teenager came into the pew in front of us to sit with his grandmother.  Now I was a little annoyed because he began talking to his grandmother, but then my annoyance soon went away when I saw him put his arm around her.  She began weeping quietly and my heart melted.  The church recently lost a sweet, gentle man on Christmas day and the emotion was raw with a lot of members.  This young man knew his grandmother needed comfort and stepped up to the plate.  It took just a simple embrace to make her feel that she was not alone to deal with her grief.

My next sweet moment was this morning when I had finished playing Hi-Ho Cherrio with Audrey for the fifth time.  (Nice present idea Santa!)  We were waiting for Ayden to wake up, and this morning I let Audrey go get him from his room.  Now I figured she would go get him and then the chaos would begin.  It actually started a little differently today though.  Audrey began calling Ayden's name from the stairwell and Ayden was calling her name from his room.  They did this until she reached his room and opened the door.  They quickly embraced and she helped him find his blanket and five stuffed animals to bring downstairs.  They come down stairs and were just happy, and not for any particular reason except they were with each other. Now I know this happiness will end quickly after they decide to fight over something, but the fact that they truly do care for each other makes me realize how glad I am that they have each other.

If you haven't noticed I am trying to focus on the good right now and when you go searching it is everywhere.  Therefore this is my outlook, I will encounter bad, but the good will over come and I will take time to see the good in everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment