Thursday, December 18, 2014

Tis The Season

Ugh...I don't know about you, but I am feeling the high anxiety and stress of the holidays.  The crazy thing is I think I have most of my Christmas shopping done, but its the finishing touches that are just consuming my thoughts.  I could go on and on with all the things I still need to do, but I figure I may hyperventilate or pass out from stress if I list it all, and you all know how much I love my lists.

I think I am writing this post, not for anyone in particular but myself, however I am sure there are a few of you out there that may have this feeling as well.  With that being said, things I must remember at this point of the crunch time of the holiday season:

*  It doesn't matter if I make all the different kind of Christmas cookies I had intended too.  Santa will have cookies, and do I honestly need more cookies?

*  My children do not need to have any more presents.  I am only allowed to get two more things for stockings.  Repeat only two more things!

*  The sweeping and mopping needs to be kept up, but I need to not freak out when there are pine needles everywhere.  Seriously I was the one who thought a real tree was a good idea.

*  The wrapping will get done.  Stop buying crap and it won't seem overwhelming.

*  Breathe and enjoy the season with the kiddos.  They are only little once, and even though their their high energy I become overwhelmed, I have to remember they are just excited.  As Audrey said earlier today as baby Jesus went flying across the room, "I have great news Mary is having a baby!" (Added visual, Ayden was Mary and he threw baby Jesus across the room...maybe it was a quick delivery?)  Can you tell we memorized every one's parts in the Christmas play? (Just a small snippet of my tired day of being the no mom.)

I am sure I need to remind myself of many other things, but what it breaks down to is it is not about the perfect, but the memories.  Making memories during this time is what it is all about.  Creating our traditions and embracing the holiday season is what is important and all the stress can be saved for something that is actually worth stressing about.  With that being said, I will be only making one more batch of cookies, okay probably two, and then I am off to make great memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment