Monday, February 9, 2015

A Little More Sleep Please???

Needless to say as I have come into motherhood, the lack of sleep is inevitable.  However I thought that as my babies grew it would get better.  I think I have written on this subject a lot, in hopes maybe it would improve.  In this stage of our lives, we are dealing with Ayden trying to push the envelope further.  He is still childproof lock free, however he may be losing that privilege soon because he is seriously finding every loophole in my parameters.

Ayden has been told he needs to stay in his room, but now he is playing the I'm scared card.  He doesn't' come into our room scared, but boy does he have a story to tell of why he is in our room.  The kiddo has gotten smart though.  He goes to Tyler's side of the bed, and Tyler just lifts him up and puts him in bed with us.  Now there are two issues with this, one Ayden is a windmill and two why is it Tyler will wake up for Ayden, but never wakes up for me when there is an issue with the kids?  Dually noted Tyler, and well played.  Now normally Tyler can fall back to sleep, but Ayden doesn't always think it is bedtime.  Since when is 4 am an acceptable wake up time?  The kid tosses and turns, and literally falls asleep about 6:30 and then passes out until 10 am.  Nice right?

I know that we will get through this tiring time, but I think it is about time that I get another clock that can motivate this kid to stay in his room.  We got a My Tot Clock for Audrey and I asked Audrye if Ayden could have hers, but she had a complete meltdown about this, so I guess I am going to search for another clock.
I think I have found the motivation for a new clock for Audrye and give Ayden the older clock, but I am wondering if that is fair?  The kids really aren't going to care at this stage because the old clock will be new to Ayden and if I get him a couple more stories to listen to on the clock, it may be a win win.  Now to contemplate what my best option is this afternoon because this is something that I can wait out because when Momma is sleepy, our world is not happy.
I think this a perfect switch for my little princess:).

No comments:

Post a Comment