Thursday, February 19, 2015

The B Team

Tyler is my "B" team.  I truly feel that once he is home from work, my "B" team takes over and I am able to breathe just a little.  The kids want all his attention verse mine, and I can actually get a meal cooked without a major catastrophe occurring.  Now referring to him as my "B" team may sound a little harsh, but I actually stole this name from my mother in law, so I guess I don't feel that bad by using it.  :)

It normally isn't until I Tyler takes a trip before I really realize how much help he is.  There are days I question if it is just me running the show sometimes as the kids are always asking me for everything or waiting for me to solve the crisis, but I think I only feel that way when I am in the moment of solving the fifty millionth problem.  I really take my "B" team for granted, and it took that trip away for me to realize how critic the "A" and "B" team need each other.

Last week Tyler was gone for an entire week for work and it was just me.  Now in the grand scheme of things it is not that long, but when the kids are just being pills it seems like he was TDY for six months!  The kids were giving me a run for my money and it seemed like I was counting down the minutes for Tyler to walk through the door.

For example, I would get through the day, cook dinner, get dishes put away, and then the bedtime routine was just hard.  We were all tired and I just wanted the little humans to sleep and they refused.  Giggling and just being kids, but I swear they were conspiring when I was out of the room just to see how far they could push me before I went absolutely crazy.  Smart kids to a certain extend, but really, they have seen my crazy and it is not pretty.  Why would they want their mom to get to this point?  And all I can think as a reason here is because they are kids and that is what kids do, push the envelope and bring their mother to complete crazy.

However through all this I have realized how much my "B" team does.  It may seem little at the moment, but even reading the stories at night helps more than I ever knew.  After I read the same Little Critter book about Easter five days in a row, my eye began to twitch and I just craved a different book, even the longest Disney book would do, I just needed new material to work with.  But for some reason that was one of the choices every night from Audrey and to avoid and epic meltdown I read away and prayed for Tyler to come home a day early just so I didn't have to read the same books.  And it is crazy how just one more story turns into ten in a blink of an eye.

Or better yet, I appreciate the brushing of my kids teeth by the "B" team as well because guess what if I had to listen to another fight about who was going to brush first I may have thrown the toothbrushes down the clogged toilet mishap that they created during that last night before Tyler came home.

It is pretty evident that my "B" team helps out more than I can ever begin to describe.  I think I have to learn to appreciate his efforts more when he is here because boy I miss his help when he is gone.  These kids are like pirates just waiting for an opportunity of mutiny.  I cannot fight them alone so with Tyler I think we can hold back the mutiny for a little long....I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment