Friday, February 6, 2015

Friday Funnies

Last Friday was by far a joke.  It seemed like every time I turned around something outlandish was occurring.  Like to the point where I was laughing at the end.  The best part was I took a few photos to just record these memories, and when I was telling Tyler about my day and he was chuckling, I kept saying I can't make this crazy up.  And that's what it was, some of the events that occur in our house is just that....crazy.

It all began with a quiet morning and fun play date before we got Audrey ready for preschool.  Before we walked out the door, I figured a pit stop to the bathroom was a good idea since I had just down a couple glasses of water.  As I went to flush the toilet the handle literally broke off in my hands.  It isn't like I was being forceful with my flush, it just broke in my hands.  I think I squealed a little because the kids came in to see what the commotion was and they were in instant defense mode of "It wasn't me!"  This was the topic of discussion on our way to preschool.  Why did you break the toilet mom?  How are we going to flush now?  Where will I go potty?  Seriously we have two other bathrooms upstairs and Audrey was determined we no longer had indoor plumbing due to one broken handle.


Now as we were traveling to preschool, all I could smell was jalapeno poppers.  Yes, in a moment of weakness the previous day I went through a drive thru and made a fast food splurge I haven't done in at least a year.  I of course had to eat this greasy goodness on my way home because why wait right?  In the process of stuffing my face and driving, I know totally safe right, a popper squirted juice down the front of my face.  Yes I was a hot mess but I thought I had cleaned it all up.  While traveling to preschool I came to the conclusion I must have had a squirt of jalapeno juice somewhere in the car.  I was frustrated because I thought I was going to have to do a deep clean of the car and it was not something I was looking forward to.  We were in the drop off line and I turned around to unbuckle Audrey, when I asked her if she smelled the jalapeno smell.  She of course was clueless, and I was determined that I would only be cleaning my front seat.  I took off my sunglasses as the sun went behind the clouds and it was pretty dark.  It was then that I realized where the smell was coming from.  I guess in the squirting of juice, some cream cheese from that popper landed on the nose piece of my sunglasses.  I had to take off and put on my sunglasses multiple times before I noticed this.  Oh boy...kinda scares me on how bad my observation skills are going down the toilet!


I prepared myself for more crazy because that is just what happens in our house, and it found us as I was finalizing dinner.  There was a knock at the door, and seriously you know how dogs go running to the door and start barking, this is kinda how my children react to knocks at the door.  Except this time, Ayden was roaring like a dinosaur and attempting to get the door open.  This garbage disposal representative looked scared and probably wasn't over the age of twenty.  He had know idea what kind of Pandora box he was getting ready to open.  This was the only time I was hoping Ayden would attempt to escape and roar at this poor man.  I didn't want to listen to his speech on garbage pick up and our garbage is included in the rent, but this gentleman was not listening.  So the giggle that came from me when Ayden started roaring and attempting to get out of the house was the prefect timing for me to tell the gentleman thanks but no thanks as I had to get my dinosaur under control.

There you go my friends, just a glimpse into my crazy Friday from last week.  Here is to hoping this Friday is a little less chaotic.

No comments:

Post a Comment