Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Just One Question

I had one question this morning for my husband when I came downstairs and found him in the peaceful main floor of the house, enjoying his breakfast in peace.  The question was, "Why can't I sleep in my bed without disruptions?"  I think there are many parents that ask this question daily as well.

Last night, Audrey woke me up by curling up on the floor next to the bed with a blanket and multiple stuffed animals.  I figured she was fine on the floor, until she began sighing and flopping around on the floor.  Really?  Just crawl into our bed already!  I got up, gave her the pillow she used on the floor, and took my pillow to the spare bedroom with me to attempt to get some sleep.

Now I don't mind sleeping in the spare bedroom on occasion, but I feel lately I am in that room more than I want to be.  The funny thing is though I think to myself, well at least I am alone in the room last night until the cat decided she didn't think me being alone was a good idea.  I guess sleeping on my feet is her security to sleeping at night because that is what she does.  She follows me everywhere, even when I have another kid in bed with me, she has to show her affection and that is getting old as well.

I have created this reality though. I have allowed Audrey to come into our room and take over my spot because lets face it I would rather have peace in the middle of the night verse a crying hot mess that she would become if I told her to go back to bed.  It is my problem, my reality, and my lack of sleep, so I will own up to that.  In fact maybe when she is a teenager I will miss the fact that she needed us this much as she does now.  However I feel right now that my consumption of coffee and wine lately is due to my kids needing me so much.

There you have it, I will embrace and accept my children's desires to need me all the time as long as I have coffee and wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment