Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Oh boy I have been really taking time to enjoy the moments with my kids.  I mean as chaos is crashing around me I am trying to laugh and just embrace things.  I have really come to understand that what my kids do and say bothers me more than it truly bothers any one else.  This has been said to me multiple times, but it is hard to remember when things are happening around you.  Now here are just a couple fun events that have happened that I didn't think they were very fun when occurring. However now I can laugh and actually realize that it is just what kids do.  Sometimes they just like to embarrass us without even knowing it!  :)

A week ago I had to take the cat to the vet for her yearly shots and check up, and I had to bring my entourage with me.  Audrey was super excited for the cat to get a shot and was very curious on how she would handle the pain.  The entire time the doctor was examining her she asked him the play by play of what he was doing.  He had made the comment that Aurora was a very good cat.  I had snickered and said she was a little high strung, but overall she was a good kitty.  Without skipping a beat, Audrey interjected in the conversation and added that Aurora was a pretty good cat, but she does scratch when you punch her.  Seriously child, you need to tell the vet you are punching your cat?  Without hesitation I said to Audrey that I probably would scratch her if she punched me and then explained to the vet that no one punches the cat.  I was waiting for PETA to come through the door, but then I got the chuckle from the vet and he informed me he had three kids and understood.  Thank you Lord that he understood that kids sometimes have diarrhea of the mouth and say things that are so off that you don't always believe what is happening.  Honestly I think the only time the cat has scratched the kids is due to them corning her or Ayden pulling her tail and well she needs to defend herself so I didn't really get after her for that kind of scratching.  But that is neither here nor there, just so that we are clear that no one abuses animals in my house even though my daughter speaks of punching the cat.

Now on to another crazy moment with my children.  Yesterday I went off to get a couple shirts with the kids because I needed out of the house.  Before we walked into the store I explained to the kids they needed to be close to me and on their best behavior.  We get into the store and they scatter when I am distracted by the sales lady talking to me.  Really?  This is what my kids do, they scatter and then literally play a weird game of hide and seek whenever I get distracted.  They were being good for the most part of roaming around the store, but Audrey was trying to bring me clothes to try on and Ayden was trying on sunglasses and dancing like a monkey.  Why can't things just be easy? I struggled with the help of the sales lady and found some shirts to try on.  As I was getting ready to grab my kids to go try on shirts, I couldn't find them.  I mean where could they go, they didn't leave the store, but I knew they were near because I could hear the giggling.  The kids were in the store front window dancing for the folks passing by the store.  I guess they were hurting no one, but I was waiting for someone to knock down a mannequin.  We got out of the store without any major incedents and I found a couple shirts, double bonus, but boy was that a hard trip.  Why do I think it is going to be any different than last time?  It always seems that it gets worse, but not better.  However the ladies at the store are always great because they have kids and get it.

Audrey is not always my crazy gal.  She does say some outlandish things, but as we were driving yesterday she asked a very unique question.  "Does it rain hearts on Valentine's Day?"  What an interesting question for a four year old.  I mean it makes sense that one could draw a conclusion to this with all the heart stuff that goes along with Valentine's Day.  However after we talked about me never seeing it rain hearts, she then just simply said, "Oh, I guess the book we read at school was wrong."  The truth comes out, she heard this in a book and was just checking to see if the book was fiction or nonfiction.  Nicely played Audrey, here I thought I had two out of the box thinking children.  Maybe she will get there, but for now I will just enjoy her random questions, comments, and dancing and embrace them as joys because they truly do bring laughter to my life.  But both kids do make me smile a lot more than wanting to bang my head on the wall, so that I am blessed and grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment