Friday, February 13, 2015

Puzzle King

Oh boy!  Ayden sure does love his puzzles.  I am really happy that he is into this great activity, but he wants me to do puzzles with him too.  Now I have two issues with this.  One is that I hate sitting on the hard floor because it makes me realize I am not as young as I used to be and it is a constant reminder that I need to get to the chiropractor.  And the number two reason is because he is better at puzzles than me.  I know embarrassing right?  The two and a half year old can put together a 48 piece puzzle together better than me.

The other day he begged me to do a puzzle with him at 6:30 am, yes that early, and I gave in because I needed Audrey to sleep and this was a great quiet activity.  He picked out our puzzles.  He grabbed a My Little Pony puzzle and he gave me a cat puzzle.  After about five minutes of working on the puzzle, Ayden was close to being done, and I was just finishing the cat's face of the puzzle, yes only the face.



You all can see how behind I am on this 48 piece puzzle.  Now maybe it is because I am just not a great puzzle master, but really look how much further Ayden is on his puzzle than me.  Now I am not proud to say how my competitive side came out.  I turned into a puzzle beast.  Every time I got a piece to fit, I hooted and hollered of my own success.  (Not my proudest moments as a mom.)  I literally boasted at my success causing a distraction to Ayden.  I even did a victory dance after the completion of my puzzle.  Mind you Ayden only had one piece left from his puzzle, I totally was excited I beat Ayden.  I know what you are thinking, what is wrong with me?  And I am not sure how to answer that, except that I probably need to work on my competition issues.  

Regardless of all my puzzle drama, Ayden loves them and is great at them.  I cannot wait until he gets to a bigger number than 48.  It just amazes me on his dedication and how he is intrigued with the challenge each puzzle brings.  We have plenty of puzzles for him to master at this point, and it always makes me chuckle when I see him breeze through the 24 piece puzzles like they are nothing.  It is almost like he needs that confidence builder before attempting that 48 piece one.  

I guess I better practice these puzzles at night so that I can feel a little better about myself with completing puzzles with my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment