Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Reverse Lent Challenge

Okay so I am not Catholic, but I am always intrigued by giving things up for Lent.  I see a lot of folks give up Facebook, chocolate, soda, etc, but it wasn't until the other day I saw an article about a Reverse Lent Challenge.  Here is the deal, I loved this concept and I am doing it!

This is just too good for me at this point in my life to not do.  I love writing and I love getting mail, but why not share the love of getting mail to others?  Now my issue is going to be who will I send these notes to, and also will it be acceptable to hand deliver this notes or should I truly stick with mailing only?  This is the fun part because these are decisions that are seriously not going to hurt anything and actually are easy decisions.  I need easy right now because lately I feel like I am trying to make the right decision constantly and not damage anyone's self esteem or hurt feelings and I have been stressed by walking on egg shells with this.

I am going to give myself some parameters and I really think by me writing this all down, I will stick to my plan.  First off I am a little behind by purchasing my items, but I am sure I have a card and a stamp around the house to begin the challenge.  But my first thing I need to do is go buy some notecards and find the stamps that I know are kept safe by Tyler.  Then I will need to find a place to put these purchased items and set aside a specific time of day to write this daily note.  I am thinking that after the kids go to bed I should write the quick note before I dive into a book or my writing, okay lets be real, or before I pass out.  All I have to do is make sure I do this daily.  I better write a list of all the people I send it to as well so I don't double up or forget to write the note for that day.  Also I have to realize that there are more than 40 days before Easter, so 40 isn't the magic number for the total of notecards.

Anyone else going to join me in this challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment